Wednesday, July 2, 2008

McQuades Weekend!!

Well...I finally got around to getting all the pictures from our camera and my parents' camera from McQuades weekend!
It was a fun weekend full of playing and watching games! I left home at 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning and watched games until after 8:00 p.m. that day!
Jay's team won one and then unfortunately lost the second game, so they were done on Saturday...
My team, on the other hand, had better luck. We won all our games en route to our first McQuades championship in the women's class "D" division (second highest division for ND women's softtall). I'm SO proud of the way our team played and have to say it feels pretty darn good to win it!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend...
Our team photo with the trophy on Sunday!
Julie G. & myself hanging out Saturday night...as you can see Julie's team had some "props" to wear this weekend!
Stacy & me watching games Saturday evening...
Val W. and me watching games Friday evening..
My dad came down for the trophy presentation...and for all his years of being a fan, we decided we needed a picture together with our team trophy.
I also made Jay take a picture with me and the trophy...

All in all it was a good weekend - SUPER windy all day Saturday but we survived.

This weekend we are heading to GU for the all school reunion and 125th of Glen Ullin. I am sure we will have a good time!!

The house is still in progress and we are sad to say that apparently the insulation guys destroyed the nest that our little house guest mama robin had made for her little ones in one of our guest bedrooms :( I'm really sad about it but oh well what can you do I guess? Besides that, they continue with the plumbing, insulation and electrical work. Next Wednesday the windows/doors should go in and after that the siding & trim. It will really start to look like a house then!

I have been on vacation from work all week and Jay got to take vacation days today and tomorrow, so it's really been a nice week, in my opinion! There is always stuff to get done but we also have found some time for some R&R. The beagles even talked us into taking a long afternoon nap today! They have that effect sometimes!

Have a great 4th of July weekend everyone!


No comments: