Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shopped 'Till We Dropped!

Whew! On Friday morning, my mom and I left for Fargo for a little getaway and shopping trip. And boy, did we shop!! I wanted to shop for house-related things (naturally) and she did some shopping for Grandma Gerhardt (who is moving into her new apartment this week) as well as some shopping for her and Dad's upcoming trip to Hawaii. She was able to find swimsuits, towels and things for Grandma but my stuff took up almost the whole vehicle. Hmmm...maybe we should have taken the Suburban rather than the Accord. Well, maybe not - this way I was limited by space! I was able to find bedding sets for the master bedroom & guest bedroom (Jay, not bedroom sets), bathroom coordinates for both bathrooms, and some other odds and ends. I think I found some pretty good deals (I love sales) and am happy with my purchases...Jay still has yet to see everything (all up at my parents' house) but pending his approval, I think we have a good start in the master bedroom (there's that little issue of actually buying the mattress and bedroom set yet) and are pretty much done in the bathrooms and guest room! I have to hand it to my mom, she hung with me through hours of shopping for towels, bedding sets, rugs, pillows, lamps, etc. Not exactly the most exciting stuff - but she was a trooper!

Besides just shopping, we spent some quality time visiting & catching up with everything while we were driving and when we went out to eat. We have decided to attempt to take an annual mini-vacation together. Hopefully not all of them in the future will be jam-packed with shopping for household items! I think maybe next time we should plan to stay overnight two nights so we have an evening to just relax... Anyway it was a fun little trip and I'm glad we did it!

Today Jay & I decided to go out and look for something that will "corral" the beagles into our back stall of our future garage (where the doggy door will be available for them to use all day while we are gone at work). Well he found what he had in mind and I also got our spoiled little dogs a couple of doggy beds on sale! Then we went on to some other stores to start looking for a dining room set and bedroom set & mattress. We got some ideas at least. For some reason, Jay doesn't enjoy shopping as much as I do - hah!

While I was out and about on my shopping trip Jay was working & got to go out on Payton & Sydney's boat a couple times this weekend! Sorry I missed out on the pontoon/sand bar fun but maybe another time in the near future...

I decided to come into work this afternoon/evening to get a jump start on the week ahead...Going to be another busy one!

Other than that, the house is still progressing slowly (siding guy still going along at a snail's pace) but we know it will get done! Hoping to see some bigger strides this week but we shall see!

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: