Friday, November 21, 2008

Heading into the weekend....

Needed to take a break from work on this Friday afternoon...As I write this, snow is lightly falling outside - almost as if we are inside of a snow globe. I am anxiously awaiting the Christmas decorations to go up in Downtown Bismarck - that just makes the view from the office all the better during the cold winter months...

Jay & I have been laying low for the most part over the last couple of weeks. I, as you probably know, have a new bedtime usually around 9:00-9:30 p.m., if not earlier on some nights. I seem to be snapping out of the fatigued/sleepiness a bit, though, which is nice. Other than that, despite a few bad days at the end of last week/last weekend, my pregnancy nausea also has gone away for the most part. I know I'm lucky if I'm already through the worst of it this time around! We still have about a week and a half before we hear the baby's heartbeat and I'm trying not to think about it too much - otherwise, I get too anxious for that appointment! I like to keep up-to-date with how big the baby is and what happens each week with it by checking out a couple of online sources as well as books/magazines. The whole development of the baby aspect really fascinates me. From what I have read right now the baby is around 1.5-2.0 inches long, or the size of a medium shrimp, as one site put it!! My friend Missy, who is due at the end of March, tells me that the food/size of baby comparisons continue on throughout the pregnancy - I believe she said her baby is the size of a banana this week! :)

The beagles have been giving us some good practice of getting up in the middle of the night. For some reason, they have been getting up 2-3 times/night wanting to go outside. What's funny about this (well not as funny in the middle of the night) is that they won't go out of the doggy door on their own (even though Jerz, and probably Bailey, know how to get out of it) - so there we are letting our dogs out the doggy door every time they go out!! They will come back in the door- mostly with the promise of a t-r-e-a-t if they do. Anyway, in about 6 months, I told Jay - one of us will be up with the baby and the other one letting the dogs out all night anyway - so we might as well get used to it now!!

As of last weekend, we are the proud new owners of a (used) treadmill and a (new) snowblower. The purchase of the snowblower pretty much guarantees that it will not snow enough to use it the rest of the winter!! ;) Jay is eager to try it out, but I think the snow we are getting today will only accumulate up to possibly 2 inches or so. Don't be surprised if he has it out anyway - trying it out in what's left of our big snow drift in front of the house! :)

The Broncos keep finding ways to win...

This week I had two evenings "out" which was nice. Wednesday was my friend Heidi's birthday but Missy and I joined her for supper at The Bistro on Tuesday evening. The food was great and we had a blast talking and catching up. We had not gone out anywwhere together since the end of summer. On Wednesday, after volleyball a few of us went up to Paradiso. We stayed and talked for a couple hours! I had myself a virgin pina colada and decided that in this economy that virgin drinks are the way to go!! Almost cheaper than pop!!

This weekend we get some "practice" with child care as we are babysitting Ran and Julie's kids overnight at our house Saturday evening into Sunday morning! Should be a fun time - and we hope the kids have fun too! Our house is not very child-friendly yet (no toys, etc) but it own't be long until it is! Ran and Julie are thankfully going to provide some games/movies, etc so taht we can keep the kids entertained!!

Other than that, life is going along pretty normally. We eat, sleep, work, have some fun and get up and do it all over again!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanksgiving is coming soon - yay!!

No comments: