Monday, October 6, 2008

Mad Dash

Hello to all...just a quick post on house updates as they occur...

This past weekend, Jay, Tom, Dad and I managed to finish the hardwood flooring in the master bedroom and a few rows down the hallway with the flooring we had available to us. We are happy to say, the flooring installation for us is now over - with the guys from the flooring store set to finish it up this week.

Here are a few pictures of the bedroom that we finished:



My dad also had to get a picture of me using the miter saw. Jay said any dad would be proud to see his daughter using power tools like that. I think he was right!
"Nothing to it" :)

As for the rest of the week - it's a mad dash to the completion of work on the house. All flooring should be in by the end of the week. The whirlpool tub should be tiled as well. The cabinets and fireplace mantle, etc also are scheduled to be done this week. Our exterior pillars should be done in the next couple days. Baseboard trim, the rest of the lighting and plumbing fixtures, and other odds and ends should also be done this week or early next week. October 17th is still a possibility for the closing/moving in date, but we might just make it in by the skin of our teeth.

A lot of things hinge on whether the ONE part for the whirlpool tub arrived today. That's what it comes down to. One part! This is the part that has supposedly been on it's way for weeks now. I'll believe it when I see it!

I'm hoping that any pictures I post at the end of this week or weekend show this week-long flurry of activity that is supposed to happen. We'll cross our fingers and hold our breath until then....

Besides the house...yikes, work is kicking my butt right now! I just keep saying, wake me up in two weeks. Tomorrow I have a Supreme Court argument. It's probably best we're very busy with house stuff or I would probably be way more nervous than I am right now! I have gotten the opportunity to argue in front of the Supreme court here in ND once before, when I interned with the State's Attorney's office in 2005, but it's been almost 3 years. Then, I have my first trial on my own (since working for this firm) scheduled for Oct. 20th! I may be a bit anti-social until my two big court dates and this house stuff is done!

Have a great week everyone - I'm done with my break and gearing up for a few more hours of preparation for tomorrow!

No comments: