Friday, October 10, 2008

One week to go!

Well we have one week go to until we close and move into the new house!

I have posted some pictures below from last night. As you can see, some more flooring was done along with other work. Things are going on schedule, which is great!

Laundry room:


Guest bath:

Living room fireplace (obviously top of the mantle and the cap piece for the bumpout weren't in yet):


Master bath:



As we were leaving last night, our cabinet guys were starting on the crown moulding on the cabinets:

When we arrived home (Mom, Dad, Jay and I), I opened the door to find that the beagles had pulled off yet another canine caper. This time, they absolutely blew up the garbage at my parents' house!! I had to take pictures - there was no major damage done but it was quite a mess to clean up! Those dang dogs!

Other than that, we are just SO ready for this work week to be over!! Jay will leave later this afternoon to go pheasant hunting in GU. My dad is leaving as well to go to Pollock for pheasant hunting and fishing for about a week. My mom is going with Tom to Minneapolis today. So, I will be home alone for most of the evening, though my aunt will be coming to stay later on in the evening. I plan on spending some time this evening vegging out and getting caught up on Days episodes that I have DVR'd! ;) I'm sure the beagles will be more than happy to join me - they are the ones that have to watch Days after all! ;)

I may post a few more pictures of the house that I saved on our computer at home at some point. I'm going out today to meet with a window covering guy to get an estimate on some blinds, etc. I am pretty sure that our cabinet guys finished up their work last night so I may have more pictures of the completed work as well to post later on today!

We're excited about our big day next week (and a little nervous about the whole thing). I know we'll have lots of help moving and putting things away!

Let the countdown to the weekend begin! T minus 9 hours...

No comments: