Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Checkin' In

Well, it's been a couple weeks since the last post...nothing too exiting has happened in the last couple weeks but here are some highlights:

1. Congrats to Ryan & Raumi on their new baby news! Along with Tom & Candace's new addition plus the other friends I know who are expecting this year, our little guy will have lots of play buddies!

2. Although I may jinx us - the weather has for the most part cooperated with us lately so that we haven't gotten snowed in for quite awhile! Life at our new house is much more enjoyable when Jay doesn't have to spend the majority of his free time out snowblowing!

3. We hosted our first Super Bowl get-together this year with almost all of the Gerving family able to attend. Not going to lie, I made some delicious homemade boneless buffalo wings. However, we need to invest in a deep fryer for that endeavor if I ever try it again!

4. I took 2nd place twice - with two separate partners - in Ran & Julie's annual pinnocle party this year! The 2nd round we only loast by ONE point. I believe my net earnings were $14.50. I'm thinking of going pro.

5. Baby has progressed to approximately 1 foot long in length and roughly a pound in weight, according to various resources. No wonder my belly is expanding - I've got a footlong in there!! I've already started purchasing clothes for the little guy too - couldn't resist an ad on Bisman Online for some newborn and 0-3 month baby boy clothing.

6. We had McKenzie's 5th birthday party at the bowling alley this past weekend which was fun. I also went ot Jay's cousin's wife's baby shower on Saturday in Dickinson with Sandy and Lyndsey - which was also fun. Along with Missy's baby shower that we had a few weeks ago, I got some good ideas for baby!

7. It's February which is a GREAT month for me - not only Valentine's Day but my birthday as well! This means Jay has to come up with creative gift ideas twice in one month! ;)

That's all I can think of for now....will check in again soon hopefully! Have a great rest of the week and hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! Go Sioux!!

No comments: