Saturday, March 14, 2009

3 months to go!

Well, three months from today is the baby's due date! I'm officially in the last trimester of pregnancy and am getting VERY anxious for this baby's arrival. He needs to stay where he is for at least 10 more weeks to get him to "full term" at 37 weeks but I still just can't help but be excited and anxious for his arrival!

At this point, the baby is over 2 lbs. and is about 14-15 inches in length. He can start opening his eyes around this time as well, I believe. He continues to move around quite a bit - until I have Jay try to feel him move! It's just a little joke he likes to play on Daddy I guess! :) I continue to cruise along for the most part with not much discomfort so far. Today my lower back did start to hurt a bit again but nothing too bad.

I'm at work today - needed a(nother) break so I decided to update the blog. Earlier, I joined my mom and Aunt Barb for some shopping at the Country Barn (home decor store) where I got some pictures and a wall hangy thingy (technical term) for the dining room area in our house. Slowly but surely we are getting our house decorated...I'm in the process of trying to figure out what to do in the baby's room...I've got a few ideas...

We also got some lunch at Peacock Alley...spinach/artichoke quesadillas for me - yum!

The weather is just gorgeous outside - I am dying to get out for a walk - and perhaps take the beagles for a walk (most likely followed by a bath) this afternoon! Hopefully it stays this nice out for awhile and then warms up even more! Love it!

Work has been a bear for me this past week as I prepare for a trial next Thursday-Friday. We're getting closer to settling but it's been an unbelieveable amount of work to prepare for it so far and it won't let up until it settles or we have the trial. I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done over the weekend here so I'm as prepared as possible if it does go on to trial.

Other than that, Jay is out ice fishing with Trav and Nick today up at Audobon. Last night we went over to Chris and Val's - Ryan and Kelsen and Cody, Wendy and Finley were over as well. It was nice to get to visit and catch up with everyone again. We both must have slept well last night, as we both woke up at abotu 6:15am this morning and could not get back to sleep. Much to my delight, when I finally did get out of bed (the beagles had me trapped, I swear), Jay was making breakfast for us - sausage and blueberry pancakes!

Next weekend I believe we will attempt to start a registry - I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed and not know what I'm doing but we'll see what we come up with!!

I suppose I better get back to work...want to get done with some things so I can get out and enjoy the lovely weather!!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!

No comments: