Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cruisin' Along

Now that winter has finally left us (hopefully) time seems to be moving along a little more quickly....For my part, I try to get out for walks with the dogs and some on my own as much as possible. In fact, I just got back from a nice, peaceful walk with the beagles. We have a nice route that takes us north of our house on gravel roads where no houses have been built yet. The beagles spend 99% of the walk sniffing the endless amounts of new smells every time we walk (the other 1% we won't mention). For my part, I just enjoy the peace and quiet of the country, the fresh air and, on nights like this evening, the beautiful sunsets that can only be found in North Dakota...

We had a busy but fun weekend this past weekend. Saturday we had Taylor's First Communion Mass and after party. Sunday we had Mason's First Communion and after party (for First Communion and his birthday, which was Monday). It was kind of like a holiday weekend with all the family and food :)

Other than that, we just putzed around the house getting some odds and ends taken care of and Jay listed the boat for sale on Bisman Online Saturday morning - we had it sold (well at least an agreement to get it sold) by Sunday! Jay will be meeting the guy to get it sold tomorrow....It's nice that we got it sold so fast but it is kind of sad to see it go...Lots of fun memories on that boat. But, we have barely used it over the last couple years, and with the little bambino on his way this summer, we doubt we would have gotten much if any use out of it this summer. Ah, the joys of "growing up"!!

This coming weekend there are two major events going on. (1) Val W., Val G. and Lyndsey are hosting a baby shower for me and the baby on Saturday - which I'm very excited about! And (2) the NFL draft is Saturday, which is an annual event that Jay ranks up there with Christmas and my birthday in its significance. He and the guys will be glued to the TV most of Saturday afternoon/evening at our house - which has become an annual tradition. So, we both have something to look forward to this coming weekend!

The baby I think has hit anothe growth spurt in the 33rd week...and I think he's getting stronger and stronger everyday. Sometimes his movements really startle me! Jay thinks he's asking for ice cream when he does it - and I'm not going to argue with that logic!! I mean, if the baby wants ice cream, who am I to deny him what he wants? ;)

I am thankful I can continue to get outside for some exercise without too much trouble. I gave chiropractic treatment a try for the first time starting last Friday, and have been happy with the results so far - my hips were out of place quite a bit and now that I get adjusted a couple times/week it makes a big difference - I am much more comfortable overall and my back doesn't get tired or sore during/after walking like it had been.

I got some tomato and pepper plant seeds planted indoors last week Wednesday and am still waiting to see the first sprouts. We have lots of stuff to plant in a garden this year - and I'm looking forward to taking up that hobby. Anything to get outside during the spring/summer months!! We'll see if I really have a green thumb or not I guess...We're also going to get a lawn started and attempt to do some landscaping on the front side of the house. We have big ambitions for our first year in our new home!

That's about all from the Gervings for now...have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone!

No comments: