Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring

I think spring has finally arrived! Today was just beautiful - over 60 degrees and just a breeze instead of the usual gusts of wind we've been getting. I was lucky enough to get out and enjoy the nice weather for awhile anyway - taking the beagles out for a nice long walk after work. Sunshine and warmth - I was actually sweating a bit during the walk. That may have something to do with the fact that I'm over 31 weeks pregnant and have turned into some sort of furnace lately...I didn't care - it just felt so good after this long winter. Spring fever is in full force as far as I'm concerned - I can't wait to get a lawn started and a garden and flowers planted...All of the snow is gone out of our back yard for the first time since November and the snow in the front is almost gone. Finally! I told Jay it's the most beautiful dirt and mud I've ever seen in my life!!

Baby keeps on growing! He is about 18 inches long now and somewhere around 3 1/2 pounds. He is still such a wiggle worm and even Jay has gotten to see and feel a bunch of his strongest movements. Less than 9 weeks now until his due date of June 14th! There is a lot we want and need to do before then but we're not in panic mode...yet. I'm getting anxious to get the nursery set up of course. Mostly I'm just getting anxious to meet this little guy, to see his sweet little face, touch his tiny hands and feet and cuddle him close to me. "All" that's standing between me and that dream is the last two months of pregnancy and, oh yeah, labor & delivery!! Minor details. I will not be deterred!!

We had a good weekend - I had Friday off of work and spent most of the day running errands. Saturday was spring cleaning day - I worked on the house while Jay worked on getting the boat cleaned up (we are planning to sell it this spring). We both were exhausted after that but it was nice to have both chores done. I LOVE a clean house - and I know I better enjoy it while it lasts!

We got to spend time with both of our families for Easter. While holidays can be exhausting, we always remember what a blessing it is to be able to spend it with our families. We of course got some more name suggestions - and then came up with one of our own to "trick" my family with. We said we thought Julius Gerving had a nice ring to it - Tom caught on right away of course...Grandma was not impressed!! I hope she knows we were just joking!!

Our friend Ryan's birthday is today so a Happy Birthday goes out to him! Also, Nick's birthday is on Friday and Mason's is next Monday!

We have not one but two First Communions to go to this weekend - Taylor's in Bismarck on Saturday and Mason's in Glen Ullin on Sunday. We figure we'll be extra holy after this weekend. :)

Work is busy but manageable right now. The beagles are doing well. We have our 32 week appointment this Friday. I'm planning on getting some seeds planted indoors this week so they get a head start before we can plant outside!

That's really about it for us right now.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!!

No comments: