Wednesday, May 20, 2009

3 Years

Three years ago right now, Jay & I had just gotten married. It was such a great day - beautiful weather, with just a few light rain showers that gave way to a sunny and warm day. We were surrounded by family and friends who helped make the day the best day for us!

We can't believe how quickly the time has passed but we are trying to enjoy every moment as much as we can...

While we have been married for just 3 years, we have been together for about 7 1/2 years (and known each other since a few years before that). It still amazes me today how we ended up together and I believe it goes to show that there is a plan for all of us to lead us to exactly where we are today. I'm not nececssarily a believer in the whole "star crossed lovers" concept, but I do think we make choices and are guided in a direction to make choices that lead us to certain people in our lives.

Our story probably isn't the most romantic and how we ended up together isn't one without some interesting twists and turns in each of our lives. But it is our story - and I wouldn't change a thing.

One song's lyrics that sum things up pretty well (in my opinion) is Rascal Flatts song "The Broken Road."
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
[Chorus]
Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
We feel very fortunate and blessed to have the life with each other that we do today. And our families and friends that support us are a big part of that.
OK - enough with the mushy love stuff! :)
Have a great rest of the week and weekend!! Here's to the next 3 years, 30 years...and beyond!

No comments: