Monday, April 28, 2014

Back to Blogging

Wow, well it's been almost 2 years exactly since my last blog entry!  Just had a wild hair and decided to get back into it :) 

Our biggest & latest news is that we are expecting another baby - he/she is due on Halloween!  We are excited to add on to our family. 

It was another rough first trimester for me (Sara) with nausea, vomiting, the whole nine yards!  I tentatively state that I'm "over" that - tentatively because I have thought/said that a few times over the past few weeks, only to have it come raging back!  I feel about the same as I did when I was pregnant with Alex, but being a few years older doesn't seem to help matters!  I frequently fall asleep on the mattress in the boys' room or on the couch before 10pm!  Again, I seem to be getting over that exhaustion portion as well, but sometimes it still hits me.  I am currently 13.5 weeks along.  Hopefully will be feeling a LOT better once the weather decides to finally warm up for good.  We seem to be missing spring around here - as the temps for the most part have consistently been below average this winter/spring.

Maddux & Alex:  Well, what can I say?  Those two guys are something else!  They are the best of friends, and then at times, they fight like....well they fight like brothers who are not quite two years apart in age! 

Maddux is going to be 5 in June and will start to attend Kindergarten this coming September.  How is that possible?   He is quite the kid.  His most recent interests/obsessions range from ANYTHING (and I mean anything) related to space, sports (especially basketball and baseball), learning how to spell/write words, farming, trucks and even monster trucks!  He has a sharp mind and a great sense of humor! 

Alex will be 3 in May (again, how did that happen so fast?) and is proving to be a very willful child!  He shares many of the same interests as his big brother (idolizes him) and wants to do everything Maddux does.  Alex is a very smart and funny little guy too - and it's so fun to see that they are alike in many ways but also that they have their own distinct personalities!  Alex still has his one dimple in his right cheek - which adds to his mischievous look. 

Bailey is still hanging in there.  She has heart/lung issues that require 3 different types of medications to maintain a somewhat comfortable life for her.  She has a bad heart murmur and ends up with fluid on her lungs. She has a heart cough as well.  We are so grateful that she has been able to hang around this long, and the boys love her so much.  We don't really know what to expect as far as how long she may still be around, but we try to enjoy whatever remaining time we have with her and try to keep her as comfortable and happy as possible. 

Since my last post, I have changed jobs from working in the child support office to now working at another department within the Dept. of Human Services for the State.  I work now in the administrative law area, rather than in the district court practice, so it has been quite a change, but a good change, I believe. 

I had ACL reconstruction surgery on Jan. 2 of this year and it is getting close to being back to "normal."  Or, at least the "new normal."  I still have some strength to build up, but the ACL itself is solid (according to the PT & doctor).  It will be "interesting" finishing up this rehab and getting it back to full strength as I get further along in this pregnancy.

Through all the changes and ups & downs in our life, we are truly grateful for the life we have made together.  God is great! 

No comments: