Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fun Times!

Turns out...turning 30 isn't so bad after all! :)
On Saturday evening this past weekend we went to Midway Lanes for my birthday party. It was a blast! We found out a few of us are probably some of the worst bowlers in...well...all the land...but it still was fun. I had Missy on my team so I wasn't really worried! Good times were had by all! I would like to thank everyone for coming out & helping me celebrate! It meant a lot that you all were there!
Here are a few pictures from that night...
The cake (Missy had a lady she knows make it). Delicious & so cute! :)
Chris, Mike & Jay

Me & Missy

Lyns & Me
Carrie & Me (finally a good picture of us together!)
Val & Me
Val & Stace
(There are more pictures...just didn't want to post them all)...
Sunday night we went to my parents' house along with my Grandma Gerhardt and Tom & Candace and the kids. We made some quesadillas which were awesome!
But my birthday celebration wasn't just this past weekend...Nope it started LAST weekend with a weekend getaway to Grand Forks for me & Jay to go to a Sioux hockey game. Why not celebrate for over a week, right? It's a running joke in our family that my mom finds ways to stretch her birthday celebrations on for MONTHS - so we like to joke that I'm learning from her how to prolong my birthday celebration!
Some live action photos from the game (they played Bemidji State)
Playing some "D"
The goalie (he didn't get a lot of action - UND dominated)
The Sioux won 5-1! Our seats were 6 rows up so you could really get into the action & almost "taste" the ice! It was great - I really miss going to those games all the time like I did when I was up there for law school.
OK I'll stop blabbing on and on about MY birthday! WE are doing well and are getting closer & closer each day to being in our first HOUSE (oh yes the countdown is officially ON). We continue to work on details of the floor plan and have started on some ideas for both the interior and exterior of the house. So far, so good & it's pretty fun getting to pick everything out!
Other than that, we continue to keep busy with work but also find time for play (as you can tell from above). Jay's working on rehabbing his knee and gets out ice fishing every once in awhile. I have been jogging (thinking about trying to run in the Fargo half-marathon in May) as well as playing in b-ball and v-ball leagues. Our puppies are doing well too - although they did get into a little "fight" with each other last night over some food (go figure). They worked it out however and are back to their normal merry little beagle-rific selves. I have been taking them with me jogging a few times a week (weather permitting) but yes, they are still chubby! We're working on it!
Tomorrow is Payton & Sydney's 4th Birthday! Can't believe they are already 4 - time really does fly! We also have Sandy's birthday coming up this weekend...and hopefully get to see the whole Gerving clan this weekend.
Have a great rest of the week and a great weekend!

No comments: