Monday, March 31, 2008

Week Highlights & Lowlights

Alright...well it's been an up and down week since Easter Sunday last week...

Monday - the week started off pretty well. Until about 8:30 p.m. that night. What I thought was a case of heartburn about an hour after eating eventually turned into either a stomach flu bug or else food poisoning (expired Miracle Whip anyone?). I don't plan on ever eating mayo again! I know my husband loves me though - I had to wake him up at about 6:15 a.m. to go get me some Sprite....which was a life-saver...

After that knocked me out for about a day and a half...I got to work for a bit Wednesday afternoon and still managed to make it to the dinner-making party at Sociale that evening that our friend Val W. hosted. It was great and now we have 6 dinners ready to just thaw and throw in the oven or on the skillet. Can't wait to try out some of the meals we made up. It was a great experience...I may have to host a party of my own sometime soon!

Friday Val W. got offered a promotion at work so Missy, Heidi and I went out after work with Val on Friday to help her celebrate that - and to get some free wings at Ground Round! Always fun to celebrate friend's successes! (And I'm always a fan of free food).

Saturday Jay & I went up to our lot and tried to figure out where to put the house to maximize our view of the city. We almost blew away it was SO windy!! Later that night with the help of a couple of Jay's brothers and his dad - I think we settled on a location. Such things you never really think about (OK that I never really thought about) when deciding to build a house. I'm pretty sure Jay was prepared for this kind of stuff!

I went into work for awhile as well on Saturday (missing work just sets me back so much) and I got out jogging for the first time since I went Monday after work. I had worked up to almost 7 miles before getting sick...but now I'm starting back at 3-4. Not sure if running the Fargo Half Marathon in May is going to be possible for me (I've been sick twice in the last 2-3 weeks). We'll see if I can successfully work back up to some higher miles in the next few weeks...

Saturday was also Lexie's 2nd birthday party up at Ran & Julie's which was a lot of fun. Good food, good company...and Lexie was such a goofball opening up presents...I will post pictures from the party on the Gervings blog soon.

Today was church, more work, another (slow) jog and then we went to Ground Round (we're becoming regulars there) to watch the UND/Wisconsin hockey game. What a game! The Sioux were down 2-0 going into the 3rd period. They tied it up and the game went into OT. UND won 3-2 shortly into the OT period - so onto the "Frozen 4" for the 4th straight year for them! That might be one of the best college hockey games I have ever seen!!

Now it's time for a close to the weekend and onto the start of another work week - which I'm sure will be busy. Jay's been putting in lots of OT and I've been working a little extra too. We look forward (mostly I look forward) to the Parade of Homes next weekend - going to houses is entertainment for me (plus I need to get good ideas for our house!!). Tomorrow after work we meet with the builder to go over with him where to stake out where the house will be and to get updated floor plans from him. Then, they may be digging this week or next week already! So, look for pictures of our hole in the ground to come in the following weeks! I'm sure I will be tracking the progress - start to finish!

Jay might try AGAIN to catch some fish this week if the weather gets nice enough. Here's hoping he has better luck (or skill) than so far this year!!

For now...Bailey & Jay went to bed awhile ago and my ever-attached Jerz is snoozing away on the couch as I type...I think she just had a "puppy-mare"...but has recovered and is now just snoring away...It's a nice peaceful end to another whirlwind weekend...I cherish these moments...

One more thing...congrats to Micaela for winning first place in her age group in the STATE for another writing contest! I don't know all the details quite yet but I know she can now enter what she wrote into a national competition. She is such an amazing writer...and I have all the faith in the world that she'll win at the national level! :) (OK that's my bragging for the week).

Hope everyone has a great week!

We're ready for April (and hopefully nice weather) to begin!!

1 comment:

M. Branhardt said...

Jeez, everyone is getting sick lately. Ick! Glad that is over now. The Sociale does sound like fun, and I am excited about the writing thing. I posted it on my blog for you and everyone else to read.
Thanks
Micaela