Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Whirlwind Week

Well what a week it has been since I last posted...I guess we'll start with the latest with the house...which isn't much new - just that they took the forms off the concrete walls and being the obsessive picture-taker that I am, I had to get new pictures of basically the same thing...
View of where the garage will be - NE corner of the house. (As my brother pointed out, we hope they fill in the dirt or we may need monster trucks to get in our garage) :)
View of the front

View from the SW corner (as you can see, it will be a walkout basement).
Those pictures were taken on Saturday...

As I mentioned in my last post, my friend Aimee came to Bismarck last Thursday. On Friday night I was able to join her and her family for supper at The Pier and then some of us hung out at BWW for awhile that evening. I also met her and her family at Space Aliens on Saturday evening. Here is a picture of me and here at Space Aliens:
It was great to have her home for the weekend! We had a lot of fun hanging out and catching up! It had been about 6 months since she had been home last..and with us having our house built this year we have not made plans to really travel much of anywhere...although it would be fun to go visit her in Denver sometime!!
Jay went home with Nick to the farm to help Mike out on Saturday and I putzed around and got some errands done and a few other things that day before meeting Aimee out.
Sunday we had a baby shower for my friend Stacy who just had twin daughters on March 14. The shower went really well but unfortunately I have no pictures of it because I forgot my camera! She and Mitch, Peyton and the twins are all doing well...I know it's a lot of work for them and I believe people are trying to help them out as much as possible...but they are hanging in there! They have gone through tons of diapers and formula - I know that for sure!! After the shower my softball team had another practice late Sunday afternoon and then when I got home we made some supper and just crashed on the couches and watched "Flags of our Fathers." I was exhausted - even before the start of the work week!
All in all it was a great weekend - got to spend some quality time with my friends and Jay not only did work at the farm but also did some yardwork here on Sunday while I was off at the baby shower...he was paying for it though afterward with his allergies (seriously, can we get even a LITTLE rain around here??) He also was able to get out with some friends on Friday evening for awhile...

I'll leave you with this picture I got of the beagles on Sunday morning...
Jersey & Bailey (on neighborhood watch).

That's about all for now...I think we're heading to GU for the day on Saturday this coming weekend. Softball league starts for me this Thursday. Jay's at his team's practice right now - so the beagles and I are going to catch up on some Days episodes we DVR'd! :)

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!!

No comments: