Sunday, April 27, 2008

And the rest of the week...

As for the rest of what's been going on in the last week or so...
Jay got out and went to softball practice on Tuesday to jog around and catch some fly balls - testing out his knee. He's still walking so I think it went OK! I think he's still planning on waiting until at least June before trying to play (which won't be quite 6 months from his ACL surgery).
Thursday my team cancelled practice (because the winter-like weather stubbornly continues on through late April). However, Jay's parents were in town and we all went up to Lyndsey & Nicks' where Mike & Sandy treated us to pizza for supper that evening. It was nice to get together...We were also informed by Payton & Sydney that night that Jay & I are invited on their new pontoon this summer but the "puppies" can't go on it because they might jump or fall off!! That made me laugh! The things they think of...
Friday was my niece Micaela's award ceremony for the "Letters About Literature" writing contest she entered where she took first place in the state in her age group (grades 7-9) and tied for 4th in the nation!! It was a very nice ceremony and Micaela did an excellent job not only writing but also speaking to the crowd. We are all very proud of her!!
Here is Micaela with the group of other honorees in her age group...

Micaela with her parents post-ceremony.


Friday evening we went to our friend Mike's surprise 30th birthday party which was really cool. His wife, Kari, had everything decked out in the baseball theme - specifically Chicago Cubs. There was even hot dogs, brats & kraut, peanuts & Cracker Jacks, and a nacho cheese machine. Even the invitations looked like tickets to a Chicago Cubs game! Jay now wants to have a nacho cheese machine installed at his office. :) (Does that sound like Jay or what?)

Here is the birthday boy at the party...

On Saturday Jay and I ran a few errands in the morning but of course it was DRAFT DAY which meant I didn't see him from about 1:00pm until late in the evening...It was while he was gone that the Canine Caper took place.

Today flew by and I'm not sure what all we accomplished. We did make it to a house for sale that was built by our builder and is our basic floor plan (we have added and changed a few things). Before that, we had not walked through a house with our floor plan. It was a good idea to go look at this one I think- we got a good feel of what it will be like. We're happy with the few changes we made from it though.

My softball team got out for some practice today - it was a bit chilly and windy but we survived. We have 5 new players on our team this year and 9 returning from last year. So far, we're really impressed with our new players and look forward to a good season (hopefully). I'm really excited about our chances of doing well!

Well...it's late and I should get to bed. Busy week of work ahead of us again...I did take Friday afternoon off for Micaela's ceremony and then just decided to take off the rest of the afternoon which did me a world of good. Work has really been stressing me out lately and I needed a little break to clear my head and get refreshed.

Now...if we can only get some nicer weather soon!!!

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: