Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Canine Caper

There's a couple other things I wanted to blog about this weekend but had to first write about the latest "canine caper" our beagles have pulled off. Yesterday I took the dogs out for about a mile jog and then I dropped them off and kept jogging for about a half hour. Well..when I got back I was on the phone with my friend Stacy and thought I would feed the dogs. Jerz only ate half her food - which, if you know Jerz at all, is unheard of. Bailey then went in the spare bedroom and started helping herself to a 35-lb. bag of dog food that they had gotten into while I was gone. Apparently Jerz ate too much, even for a beagle!! It was reminiscent of the time they got into the big bag of generic fruit loops a while back.

She was so bloated and miserable all night! I alternated feeling bad for her and having to laugh at her. She just walked around and couldn't get comfortable. Think post-Thanksgiving dinner misery times ten. Today she still looks like she's pregnant, just waddling around - poor thing! But she hasn't really learned her lesson because she was back to begging and scrounging for food as usual.

Anyway, just had to share a story of yet another canine caper!

No comments: