Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby Update

We had an appointment yesterday for the baby and all seems to be going well! The heartrate was at 140 and it was strong & steady! Not as much movement by the baby this time - so he/she must have been taking a nap! (It was mid-afternoon, don't we all want to take naps at that time?)

The baby is about 6 inches long now and weighs a little over 5 oz - approximately the size of a can of soup! I'm still waiting to feel some movement (doctor said anywhere between 18-22 weeks is usually when you feel the first movement). I swear I've felt a little flutter or two and think that I saw something move this morning but by the time I realized it, it was over. Oh well, it's defintely got my attention now!!

Our next appointment is 3 weeks from today where we get THE ultrasound. We still aren't 100% sure if we're going to find out if the baby is a boy or girl yet but if we do, it would be in 3 weeks! Either way, it will be fun to get to see the baby again!

No comments: